Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
What is Sports Therapy?
Our Sports therapy and rehabilitation service specialises in treating sporting injuries and is especially concerned with the prevention of the injury. It focuses on rehabilitation of the patient and getting them back prime levels of functional activity and sports specific fitness.
This service will utilise the principles of sport and exercise science while incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare the patient for training, sports event and/or competition.
Our sports therapy service will
- Utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes.
- Prescribe exercises which are best suited for your activity or sport.
- Assess, treat, rehabilitate and prevent.
- Provide sport and remedial massage.
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes, tailored for you.
- Use taping techniques to prepare you for your sporting event.
- Use hands on and manual therapy techniques to treat a injury.
The five key principles for our sports therapy rehabilitation service are
- Recognition & evaluation
- Treatment and Managment
- Education & professional practice issues